- (5%) tax on the net income of any project except for banks and telecommunications companies operating under individual licenses; financial and banking companies, insurance companies, accounting consultancy companies; transport companies; extractive and mining industries; electricity generation and distribution; water transport, distribution and extraction; gas and oil derivatives using pipes.
- Reducing the general taxes to zero on good services that are purchased or imported for operating purposes for the registered companies within Petra region, without providing and guarantees to the sales tax
- Exemption from taxes except (7%) sales tax of the services sales upon sale for consumption in Petra region.
- Exemption from sales tax on forklifts and vehicles used transporting 10 or more employees including the driver for the purpose of transporting the employees from and to the working facilities of this company in Petra region under the rules issued for this purpose.
- Exemption of registered enterprises from customs duties on materials, equipment, machinery, supplies and building materials involved in building, construction, and furnishing all types of projects being established in Petra region, in addition to the spare parts necessary for their continuous maintenance.
In addition to the above incentives, there are other advantages that motivate investment in Petra:
- No restrictions on the percentage of foreign capital in all fields.
- No restrictions on dealing in convertible foreign currencies.
- No restrictions on the transfer of profits and capital outside the Kingdom.
- Simplified procedures for non-Jordanian employment.