About the Authority
PDTRA is an independent financial and administrative Authority, founded in 2009, that aims to develop the region, economically, socially, culturally, and as a tourist destination, as well as contribute to local community development. PDTRA is managed by a Board of Commissioners that consists of five members including the President and Vice President and a member who is authorized to manage the Petra Reserve. The members are appointed by the Prime Ministry and approved by His Majesty King Abdullah II.
A national integrated model for development and investment work.
A national institution that aims to develop the Petra region economically, socially and culturally and contribute to the development of the local community through the management of the region and the preservation and discover of urban heritage, develop the tourism process and provide proper investment environment to create sustainable development.
Stories of Success
- PDTRA was awarded the ISO 9001-2015 certificate for the year 2016 after the system was updated to the latest accreditation in 2015.
- PDTRA participated in the the King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency at its Seventh Cycle (2014-2015) and it obtain the Excellence Seal within the Bronze Cycle.
- PDTRA participated in the Outstanding Public Servant Category in the King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency at its Seventh Cycle (2014-2015). The employee Fatima Ibrahim Al-Halalem received the Outstanding Public Servant Award in the Leadership Category.
- PDTRA participated in the Outstanding Public Servant Category in the King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency at its Seventh Cycle (2014-2015). The employee Mohammad Abdullah Al-Masa'deh received the Outstanding Public Servant Award in the Supporting Category.
- PDTRA participated in the Ideal Employee Award, organized by the Ministry of Public Sector Development / Civil Service Bureau for the year 2016. Employee Saleh Al Rawajafa received the Ideal Employee Award for 2016 within the Professional Category.
- Administrate and supervise the Petra Region.
- Manage and develop the tourism industry in Petra and coordinate with national and international entities that are related to the economic sector.
- Provide a desirable investment environment to engage in various economic activities.
- Contribute to the development of comprehensive strategies for the protection, maintenance and restoration of archaeological sites, in coordination with the Department of Antiquities.
- Identify the areas and sites of heritage value in the region, which can be used for tourism purposes.
- Enhance the social status for the local committee and private institutions, and provide support to the traditional crafts projects and the tourism industry.
- Protect the environment in the region, including water resources, natural resources and biodiversity, by setting the standards, rules and regulations.
- Develop plans for human resource development.
To review the strategic plan, please click here.